//12:06// (via ladiscutee)
every day of my life
23 Painfully True Lessons You Learn By Age 23
1. You are not your failures or rejections. You are not the boy who couldn’t love you, the job you couldn’t get, the school who wait-listed you.
2. You are, however, your passions, your convictions and the company you keep.
3. Blocking toxic people out is hard, healthy and needed. You may regret blocking people out. But you will ultimately rejoice in a toxic-free life.
4. You are unique, and your experience with people is unique. Your relationships can never be repeated, replaced; only remembered.
5. Have the courage to be yourself all the time.
6. Show your love. Especially to your parents. We are all living on borrowed time, don’t waste the moment you could have said, “I love you, Mom and Dad.”
7. Don’t be the life of a pity party. No one enjoys the tear-stained favors or melancholy attitude.
8. Trust your intuition. Period.
9. Know when to fight. More importantly, know when to walk away. And keep walking.
10. Never regret speaking your mind and respecting yourself. Even if it compromises your reputation, your relationships or “looking pyscho”. Never regret loving yourself enough to call out people who don’t.
11. She’s no you. And you aren’t her either. So stop comparing yourself, there is no comparison.
12. You can only overcome self-harm with self-love.
13. You were created to be something magnificent. Honor that.
14. Continue to be outspoken. Some will find it scary, some will find it sexy, but you will find it liberating.
15. You may not have the person you want, but you have your integrity. Hold onto it. It will get you through difficult periods with grace and poise. Don’t succumb to low levels of revenge and desperation. Continue to be dignified even when it seems unfair or unresponsive.
16. Before you do something, question your motives. We all have demons but we all have a responsibility to tame them before they turn into our monsters.
17. If you apologize, mean it.
18. Be good to the ones who are good to you.
19. God will speak to you through other people, dreams, and music. Listen.
20. We have so many different chapters in this lifetime. People are not meant to be “main characters” throughout our story. That doesn’t mean we won’t find our happy ending.
21. Some people will take you for granted. Some will emotionally abuse you. This is their problem. Unfortunately you will be causality in someone’s personal battle, but again, this is their problem.
22. It is never too late to change and grow.
23. Forgive. Forgive your enemies and forgive yourself.❞
Sage Michaels on thoughtcatalog (via naelojo)
- Me: I just watched a show about how successful (i.e. college educated) black women are not getting married.
- Him: Why is that a show? What's the problem? A black woman is better off by herself than with a black man that will bring her down. There's no point in getting married unless it's about mutual love and respect.
- Me: Well a lot of the black men on the show said that the reason black women are single is because they expect too much.
- Him: Psh. Black women do not expect too much! What is a black woman supposed to do? She is educated. She has her life in order. And she is supposed to get with any old man because he didn't get his life together but still feels he is entitled to any woman he wants?
- Me: Well they said that you have to look at a man's potential.
- Him: That's what they want you to think so that you don't require anything in actuality from them. You look at who a man is. Not who he says he will be.
- Me: The show also talked about why a lot of men cheat. They said it's because women were not keeping them happy or not sexually doing what they want.
- Him: That's ridiculous. There's no reason for anybody to cheat. If a man is grounded then he will love his partner enough not to cheat.
- Me: They also said that you need to make a man feel like a man.
- Him: If I am a man then why would I need a woman to make me feel like a man?
- Me: I don't know.
- Him: A real man does not need a woman to make him feel like a man. He is a man, isn't he? Men who say that have an inferiority complex.
- Me: Well they were saying that they need to feel like they wear the pants in the relationship.
- Him: Look. A man does not feel threatened by anyone unless he does not have his own life together. And in that case he will be threatened whether a woman lays down and lets him walk all over him or if she makes more money or anything else.
I cont breaf, I cont breaf
I HATE EVERYTHIIIING
HA HAAAA bitch xP
Baby laughing while getting shots
> Rock star doctor.
I don’t care how old he will be I’m taking my future children to him
This is not a doctor this is a god damn magician
Awwww omggggg. I want him to be my child’s doctor.
I can’t handle the level of adorableness that just happened.
*eats 1,000 oranges* its fruit i won’t gain weight
An orange is approximately 87 calories. If you were to eat 1,000 oranges that would be 87,000 calories.
its fruit i wont gain weight